Please note that the content provided on this page is designed to aid landlords in understanding the minimum property standards necessary for utilizing Aston Pearl's guaranteed rent service. It serves as a summary and should be used as a reference when assessing the required improvements for your property. These guidelines are of a general nature and may be subject to modifications in compliance with legislation, housing standards, and contractual obligations.
Certification & Documentation
Gas Safety Certificate
An annual gas safety check is to be carried out by a Gas Safe registered contractor with a copy of the pass certificate provided.
Energy Performance Certificate
Landlords are required to provide an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)
Electrical Installation Safety Certificate
A periodic inspection certificate is to be carried out by an N.I.C.E.I.C or N.A.P.I.T registered electrician.
Proof of Ownership
Provide proof that you are the legal owner of the property.
We require a copy of the current building's insurance policy.
Note: The above documentation and certification must be supplied to us prior to or on the final inspection. We can arrange and complete the required certification on your behalf. Please contact us for further assistance
Health & Safety
• A minimum of one lithium 10-year battery life smoke alarm is required per floor.
• Carbon monoxide detectors must be fitted if the boiler is located in a bedroom or has a concealed flue.
• All polystyrene decorative tiles and covering must be removed from all areas of the property.
• All stairs must be fitted with a suitable handrail. Balustrades or spindles should have a maximum 100mm gap between them (open risers should be infilled).
• A mains-wired heat detector may be required within the kitchen.
• Any furniture provided must comply with the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire Safety) Regulations 1993. All furniture should be clean and in good condition.
• Internal decoration to be painted, in good condition, and free of marks (includes walls, ceilings, and woodwork).
• All windows to be free from cracks and be in complete working order.
• All windows lower than 1.2m above ground floor level, must be fitted with restrictors that limit opening to 150mm.
• All locking windows must be secure and have keys.
• Windows in bathrooms and toilets shall be fitted with obscure glass or covered with a suitable privacy film or blind.
• All doors are to be well-fitted and must open and close properly.
• Door stops shall be fitted to floors or walls to protect walls from door handle damage.
• Entrance doors to be fitted with a Yale-type lock and a 5-lever mortice deadlock.
• The property must be fitted with a working doorbell.
A post box is to be supplied and fitted for easy access for postal deliveries.
• All Properties shall be free from dampness, mold, and condensation. Insulation
• Water storage tanks to be fitted with a suitable insulated cylinder jacket.
• Loft insulation to be a minimum of 150mm deep, if the property has a loft.
Kitchen units to be operational securely fitted and have adequate and hygienic storage.
A gas or electric cooker (restrained to a wall if free standing), clean and in good condition, is to be provided.
Adequate space for a fridge/freezer to be available.
A minimum of two double sockets at worktop height, plus low-level sockets (below worktops) for the washing machine and fridge/freezer. Fridge freezer to be installed.
A clear space of 600mm with suitable connections, plumbing, and drainage to allow for the installation of a washing machine. Washing machine to be installed.
Worktops to be in good condition with tiled splash back above to be of a minimum height of 300mm.
Wall tiles are to be intact and grouted.
Sinks and worktops are to be sealed around edges and joints with a mastic seal.
Flooring to be vinyl or tiles and be in good condition, with no stains or loose edges.
Blinds or net curtains to be fitted to windows.
Kitchen to be well ventilated either by means of a window or suitable extractor fan.
Mains wired heat detector required if no kitchen door fitted.
The kitchen door must be an FD30 fire door with intumescent strips and a self-closer.
Fire blanket fitted on the wall or worktop near the kitchen door
Double rooms are to be furnished with a double bed
Single rooms to be furnished with a single bed.
Living Room / communal space
The living room is to be equipped with a dining table and chair and a sofa.
The property is to be free of tenants' and tenants' belongings. No one is to be living in the property on hand over day.
The property is to be cleaned and has all maintenance work prior to the start date of the tenancy
Keys are to be dropped off at least 48 hours prior to the start date of the tenancy.
Terms of offer and conditions.
The terms of the offers are contingent upon the fulfillment of the following conditions and the execution of a contract between Aston Pearl and the property owner pertaining to a specified property or properties.
The property owner acknowledges the following requirements:
1. The property must include a distinct living/dining area that allows tenants to unwind. These areas can not be counted as bedrooms unless there are multiple of these rooms. One room in the property is required for unwinding and cooking and this cannot be a bedroom.
2. The condition of the property must be clean and in good condition and adhere to our guaranteed rent terms when handing over the property. See terms here
3. Offers are subject to viewing either in person or by video or photos.
4. Provision of property owner certificates – Identity documents such as passports.
5. Provision of gas and eclectic certificates. See terms here
It is important to note that Aston Pearl presenting this offer is not obligated by this proposal until the contract is duly signed and mutually agreed upon by both Aston Pearl and the property owner. Offers remain valid for a period of 5 working days only ( this is subject to the offer being made and can change depending on the offer and property condition and timings of the market).
If a contract is not signed and completed within this period, the offer shall not be binding. See a copy of the contract below.